Community Alert: Thieves Posing as Water Department Employees
Offenders are gaining entrance to residences, during the hours of 12:00 to 6:00 p.m. The offenders use a ruse to enter by telling the elderly victim that they work for the water department and need to check their water. The offenders typically target elderly residence and take items they can easily carry including money and jewelry.
Offenders descriptions vary with 2 or 3 Male offenders. They are described as White or White Hispanic. Ages vary between 30-45 years old. Heights range from 5’07-6’00, and builds are medium to heavy.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- Secure your windows and doors
- Be aware of this situation and alert neighbors in the area about this crime
- Pay special attention to any subjects loitering in area
- Report any suspicious person or activity to police
- Do not confront the offenders, call 911 immediately
If you have any information, contact the Area Three Detective Division at 312-744-8263.
Buzz Hound Media encourages civil dialogue; you must register to participate. We monitor comments for adherence to our COMMENT POLICY and reserve the right to delete posts or ban users from the site for any instance of inappropriate language, bullying speech, character defamation, spam, etc. By commenting, you agree to these LEGAL TERMS.