Community Alert: Thieves Posing as Water Department Employees
Offenders are gaining entrance to residences, during the hours of 12:00 to 6:00 p.m. The offenders use a ruse to enter by telling the elderly victim that they work for the water department and need to check their water. The offenders typically target elderly residence and take items they can easily carry including money and jewelry.
Offenders descriptions vary with 2 or 3 Male offenders. They are described as White or White Hispanic. Ages vary between 30-45 years old. Heights range from 5’07-6’00, and builds are medium to heavy.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- Secure your windows and doors
- Be aware of this situation and alert neighbors in the area about this crime
- Pay special attention to any subjects loitering in area
- Report any suspicious person or activity to police
- Do not confront the offenders, call 911 immediately
If you have any information, contact the Area Three Detective Division at 312-744-8263.
We invite you to comment as Edgeville Buzz's GUEST. We review all submissions before they go live on our online property to encourage civil dialogue. Posts must adhere to our COMMENT POLICY and we reserve the right to delete posts/ban users for instances of inappropriate language, bullying speech, character defamation, spam, etc. By posting, you agree to our LEGAL TERMS.